Ideas for High school geography at unit study

Talk about homeschooling. Talk about homemaking. Talk about talking. Just talk, but remember to be nice.

Moderators: jason, MarcyKY

Ideas for High school geography at unit study

Postby SusanH on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 am

A friend and I have planned a Cultural/Mission Study for our homeschool group. We have grouped the kids according to grade level. We have historically had only a couple of high school aged kids (usually 1 family who is involved in nearly everything =)

We have THIRTEEN high schoolers registered for this unit study! :hop: ...... :eek:

Now I am totally panicked! lol

We have 4 stations - geography/food tasting, music & language, mission focus, and craft (where we are making tops to put into OCC boxes). I need ideas for the geography station for the hs age. For the younger kids I am doing 'where in the world, continent, animals native to, climate, etc with a flag & map coloring pages; what else can I do for the hs group to make it more age appropriate? My oldest is 8th and I am still in 'young kid' mode. :confused:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :kiss:
Susan
wife to Kevin
mom to Maggie-12, Samuel & Simeon-11, Solomon-7
SusanH

Re: Ideas for High school geography at unit study

Postby Helen on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:06 am

Could you do something about the physical geography of the country? Or how it has been affected by climate change? Any extreme weather systems it may have? The ecosystem?
Also, look at population growth; economy- what jobs are there, if any, and how do people make a living; type of government; living conditions.
How is the country developing and is it sustainable?
Helen :0)
Mum to DS(27) DD(11) DS(7) http://englishweather.blogspot.com/
Helen

Return to Sharing with Each Other